Kenny just dropped me off at home - he's on his way to get Isaiah from Kenny's dad's house. I was discharged at 11 am this morning but they let us wait around until Samuel's 2 p.m. feeding and vitals. My nurse wanted me to stay in at the hospital until Sam is released, but I was going out of my mind in there.
Breastfeeding is not going so well. The first day he only got an IV.. yesterday evening they finally brought me a pump. I pumped every hour and still haven't even gotten more than a drop or two of colostrum. They've begun giving him formula in the meantime through a tube that runs to his stomach. They have him suck a pacie while they're running the tube so that he doesn't think that you just magically fill up- there is work involved. They just told me to go home and keep pumping...that hopefully I will stimulate milk flow.
1:20 p.m. was the start of day three. I'm beginning to get really discouraged about breastfeeding. I was so excited about it and then this happened. He has just been struggling too much to breathe that he didn't have the ability to suckle. Believe me, we tried!
We'll go back tomorrow to visit.
They've been able to completely pull him off of CPAP. Now they are just trying to get him to urinate more and get rid of the fluid in his lungs. I got to hold him for the first time since those first moments, this afternoon. They said if everything continues at this rate, he can be home Monday or Tuesday.
If you haven't seen the photos feel free to go to Kenny's myspace. myspace.com/highclass_kt When I get the gumption I'll post photos here.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Home alone
Thoughts left by
Angel
at
3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment