12/5/2007 through today.
12/5/07
Day three of my vacation.
I have this huge list of things I wanted to accomplish this week while off. Sadly, I haven't done a single one. I am either too nauseous or too busy napping.
I'm grateful that I have the time off though :) Even more grateful that it's paid. Money has been suuuuper tight since we bought the house, but we were expecting it. We WEREN'T expecting to get pregnant so soon after my coming off the pill. Not to mention we had either given away or sold ALL of our baby stuff, due to lack of storage space. The only thing I have left is the crib. I guess we'll be yard sale-ing in the spring to get the other items we need.
We barely had the money to throw together a little birthday party for Isaiah this weekend. Thankfully we didn't invite any of his school friends so it shouldn't be too much. I bought the stuff to make cupcakes and we got him a CARS pinata, because he's been wanting one so bad.
We're managing and really that's all that matters. Right?
* I really love how each of you that leaves notes about the baby uses the term SHE. I have yet to have one person call it a HE. Wishful thinking, eh?
12/08/2007
So my PCP called yesterday. I was a bit shocked that it wasn't a nurse from his office, but himself that called. He told me he got my blood work back and my thyroid, indeed, is still low. So he put me back on Synthroid, er rather the generic so that I could pay just $4 for it - Walmart has this great prescription plan for generic drugs just $4/ script. He also lowered my dose to 25 mcg.
Today is little man's birthday party. It won't be much, as we are broke as broke gets lately. But atleast he'll be celebrating with a few friends and lots of family.
12/11/07 My son, the bully.
I'm a little sad. I took Isaiah to school today and was talking with his teacher about his time-outs. (She says it's mostly because he has so much energy that he just can't sit still) and another little boy came up and said "Isaiah is mean to us ALL the time." And then his teacher turned to him and told him to worry about himself and let her handle this, but then she never went on about him being mean. We have his parent-teacher conference this afternoon and I'm really not looking forward to it. But I am going to force her to tell me what that kid was talking about. Never in a million years did we think Isaiah would turn out to be THAT KID. We talk to him about bullying all the time. I'm just really sad by it. It makes me feel like I've failed as a parent. Could it have something to do with the autism? or could it be something else that we are missing? I mean, it's still likely I've failed as a parent, but its not often you hear of an autistic child being socially mean. And, of course, I'm hit with this during the first trimester...already an overly emotional woman, but now an emotional train wreck. Go figure.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
catch up // few cross posts from OD
Thoughts left by
Angel
at
8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
No way! He is entirely to sweet to be a bully. You haven't failed. He is probably just taking up for himself. You love that little man with all you have and that is the best we can do.
You are a good mommy! My boy gets notes all the time. I wonder if the other kids do too. And you know little kids, they say stuff sometimes that is either untrue or only true for them. (who ever said little kids don't lie obviously never spent time with a little kid! "who broke this?" "uh...he did! um,..he made me do it!"
Talking to the teacher helps.
Post a Comment