LilypieLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

feelings, wooah,wooah, feelings...

>
Sammy had surgery bright and early this morning to have tubes put in his ears. He was a little trooper and did great.

I know I wrote about recert last time (in a friends only diary entry @ OpenDiary). WIC is giving me just 6 more months of coverage, so we have at least that long to work some things out as far as the majority of the formula goes.

I talked to his dietician and she told me that they have patients that cannot afford the formula, so they just don't get it.

So those of us who cannot afford and get no assistance should just sit back and let our children develop brain damage? HELL NO! Not on my watch. One of the mom's heading up our GA PKU group asked me to be an advocate. I told her to sign me up, I 'll stand on a soapbox all day if that's what it takes to get this stuff paid for!

I don't think we are going to have a wedding. I hate that I am saying this and kenny has no idea yet, that i am saying this; I hate that it will be this way, but we just cannot afford to put a wedding together. I'm sure we'll just randomly go to the JOP.

Kenny's youngest sister graduates in a little over a week and we won't be able to make it. We're hoping to send some money so their mom can put a little party together. - At least have a few of the most important people to Becky to be there.

I guess that's all.

Just waiting to be able to be happy again

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey! Sorry to hear about the formula issues. Do you go to Emory or Knoxville? I think you can get disability money for Samuel and use that for formula. Also, what kind of insurance do you have? I have fought with ins. companies and won, you just have to be persistent and pull out the "big guns." I will be glad to help in any way I can. My email is annaboo728@aol.com. Send me yours and we'll talk strategies.

PS- I go to Tyner United Methodist. I'll be singing with the praise band this weekend- you should visit! It's near Hamilton Place, off of Hickory Valley Road.