So today I went to the OB for a routine visit and to find out my 3 hour glucose test results. I didn't gain any weight and am holding strong at 15 lbs. gained total.
The doctor tells me that there has been protein in my urine the past few visits and that my blood pressure has still been so/so -not HIGH - probably because of the Labetalol but not great either. He tells me I failed the glucose test miserably ( at 2 hours it was 189 and at three hours it was 187). He said he was going to have me do some blood work, collect a 24 hour urine specimen and then send me to the Diabetic Specialist for the *dun-dun* diet.
oh it gets better.
As I am waiting at the lab for Tracy to finish with her patient, the doctor comes back to me and asks me to come talk to him in his office. He tells me because of the things going on with me, he wants me to go to L&D for 24 hour monitoring. I had a panic attack. I cried. I called work, I called Kenny. Kenny got off work and got me to take me to the hospital. I got hooked up to the monitors and gave a few samples, ate my sugar free 2200 calorie diet lunch then was told 3 and a half hours later that my blood work looked good, and that my blood pressure looked good. So they sent me home to collect my sample at home.
They ordered a steroid shot too, incase I had to deliver early. They wound up not giving it to me. The doctor said just to keep an eye on symptoms and I need to have an office visit every week from now until delivery.
so yeah.
Oh yeah, and now granny is having my shower on May 17! woohoo!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
My fun trip to L&D
Thoughts left by
Angel
at
5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow girlie! You better kick back and take it easy. Get plenty of rest. I will keep you in my prayers.
Post a Comment